OLIVIER A. BLANCHARD
- Overall: 18 years of Marketing Management, Communications Management, Digital Program Management, Product Management, Brand Management, Consumer Insights Research and Business Development.
- Recent: 9 years Management Consulting (Global): Digital Strategy, Omnichannel Brand Management, Social Business and Social Media programs, Business Technology Integration, Business Innovation, Digital PR.
- Other: Author of “Social Media ROI: managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in your Organization” (Que/Pearson). Co-author of “The Ultimate Field Guide to Digital Program Management” (Broadsuite), and the upcoming “Digital Transformation in the Age of Experience” (Broadsuite). Keynote speaker.
Languages: 100% Fluency in French and English; conversant in Spanish.
Furman University – Greenville, SC (USA)
BA, Political Science – Focus on International Relations & Geostrategy
International School of Brussels – Brussels, Belgium
OABC Head of Marketing Innovation and Business Strategy, Principal September 2008 – Present
– I assist organizations primarily in the development and management of their digital and social business capabilities, overall business development initiatives, strategy, and marketing innovation initiatives.
– I also advise executive and management teams on how to ensure that the evolution of their digital business is in sync with the needs of their organization as a whole. (Product Management, Customer Support, Marketing, Market Research, Human Resources, IT, Public Relations, and other line-of-business units.)
– I also find myself increasingly helping organizations anticipate and navigate big industry shifts, become more operationally agile, and improve their ability to turn disruption into opportunity.
– Strictly on the analytics and performance measurement front, I help businesses measure digital program activity against real business objectives (including but not limited to ROI).
– I also help agencies and their clients successfully coordinate their joint messaging, communications, and operations across complex digital and media ecosystems.
Frontspace Director, Operations and Strategy March 2015 – January 2016
Brief: Frontspace is a fully integrated agency that specializes in marketing management, web development, content strategy, funnel-development services, training program development, and brand management. Clients range from subject-matter experts and celebrities to startups and established global brands.
– Operations design and management, including workflow and process integration.
– Responsible for client strategy, social channel integration, social business design, campaign development and ROI measurement.
The Red Chair Group Founder, President Jan 2010 – Dec 2013
Brief: Launched January 2010. Executive and operational training. Geography: Global.
– Strategic and operational social media / social business training for management and C-level executives.
– Tactical social media/business management training for line of business employees: marketing, PR, legal, customer service, sales, consumer insights, product management teams.
SYNNEX Corporation Team Lead: Microsoft Sept 2007 – Sept 2008
Brief: Fortune 500 company. One of the world’s largest channel distributors for HP, DELL, IBM, Microsoft, etc. Also provides a full range of business services. Headquartered in California. (Distributor, NYSE: SNX). Geography: North America
– Director level role. Reported to VP Software and President of US Distribution.
– Managed all business development for Microsoft at SYNNEX. ($120M annual sales)
– Grew revenue by 11% YoY.
– Developed and oversaw digital strategy for Software group. Developed channel-wide virtualization, CRM, unified communications and SaaS adoption programs for SMB resellers.
– Briefed senior executives on industry trends and emerging opportunities.
– Helped develop the first social media ecosystem for SYNNEX’s SMB community.
F360 Marketing Project Director March 2004 — Sept 2007
Brief: Greenville, SC-based creative agency. Began as custom content development boutique but moved into digital and strategic services in 2004. Geography: North America
– Managed digital, marketing, advertising, and brand development projects for B2B and B2C clients.
– Responsible for strategic and creative direction for all Marketing and Communications projects – catalog design, website design, digital content, branding, advertising, public relations, new media, event management and promotion, trade shows, web marketing, corporate blogging, word-of-mouth marketing, social media, and customer relationship management.
T&S Brass Marketing Product Manager June 2002 — Oct 2005
Brief: US commercial faucet manufacturer. Geography: North America
– Headed all product innovation, product management, new product design, market research and digital strategy for T&S Brass’ primary division.
– Revamped brand image and market positioning by focusing on product innovation, relevant messaging, industry relations and multi-channel community outreach.
– Connected silos to accelerate testing and manufacturing. Reduced real production costs by 5-25%.
– Helped sales and business development teams forge new distribution partnerships.
– Created a direct communications channel between customers, resellers, sales teams and product design team.
– Reported to Marketing Vice President.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (pre-2000)
James C. White Company Marketing Coordinator Sept 1997 – June 2002
Brief: Engineering and manufacturing company. Manufacturers of Tubetrack™. Geography: Global
– Coordinated JCW Co.’s global marketing activities for Pulp & Paper and Power industries.
Home Cable, Inc. Territory Manager Sept 1994 – Sept 1997
Brief: Wireless television programming distributors. Geography: South-Eastern United States
– Managed all market research, sales force training and marketing initiatives for assigned territories.
Fusiliers Marins, Marine Nationale 2nd Lieutenant (EV2/O2) Sept 1992 — Jan 1994
Brief: French Navy Commandos and Marines. Geography: France, other theaters of operation.
– Acting Executive Officer, CIFUSIL (Marine Company). Responsible for the training and mission of 102 Marines. Awarded the National Defense Medal for exceptional service.
Furman University – Greenville, SC (USA): BA, Political Science – Focus on International Relations & Geostrategy
International School of Brussels – Brussels, Belgium: International Baccalaureate
* * *