While in Charlotte, NC last week, I spent a little time in the Marketing Squadcast studio with Nathan Richie and Brandon Uttley. We talked about a lot of things, but what you might find most useful touched on:
– The difference between Social Media (Marketing) and Social Business.
– The need for real-world competence in corporate and agency social media roles.
– The importance of using the right KPIs and metrics when working with social channels.
– Leading with Customer Experiences (and customer service) rather than “content.”
– Cutting through Social Media bullshit once and for all (like determining “the value of a like”).
– The importance of focusing as much on customer development and retention as on customer acquisition.
– Are French people really assh*les or are they just misunderstood? (Hint: it’s a little bit of both.)
And if you need a visual, this is my radio face:
Huge thanks to Nathan and Brandon for inviting me on the show. I hope we’ll get to do it again soon.
* * *
Want to help improve business through your digital programs? Pick up a copy of Social Media ROI – Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in your Organization. The #1 Social Business desk reference for executives and digital managers.
(Now also available in German, Korean, Japanese and Spanish.)